January 23, 2023

MS in Translation & Interpreting Student Judith Santos Awarded the Malkemes Scholarship for Fall 2022

Congratulations to Judith Santos, who has been awarded the Malkemes Scholarship for Fall 2022. This award aims to support students entering the MS in Translation & Interpreting (MSTI) program with a focus on work that advances issues of equity and inclusion. 

Judith grew up in the Dominican Republic and knew at an early age the power of language skills, because she often assisted her family members with complex cultural negotiations. Later she assisted in the legal world to give voice to clients whose stories needed to be told correctly, and today she works in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office while studying for the MSTI degree. Judith shares that “I am humbled but extremely grateful and excited to be accepted into this exceptional program. I am now honored about this opportunity to continue my passion at a deeper, more academic level.”

A translation and interpreting degree can help you to take charge of your career, whether you are new to the field or already working in the language professions. Apply for PALA’s MS in Translation & Interpreting, a fully online, 36-credit graduate program.

Related Articles