Welcome to the NYU School of Professional Studies!
Our student body reflects the cultural diversity for which NYC and NYU are known. Every year, the NYU School of Professional Studies welcomes a diverse group of intellectually curious and highly motivated students from around the world, all of whom are at different stages of their academic journey and their professional career. From the recent graduate to the accomplished professional, NYU School of Professional Studies degrees provide students with theoretical and practical knowledge as well as the skills, the networking opportunities, and the academic support services that empower them to achieve their educational and professional goals and objectives.
The admissions criteria is the same regardless of your citizenship. In addition to the admissions criteria, international students should also be aware of the following.
- Financial aid is limited for international students. However, international students may apply for merit-based, departmental scholarships after enrolling at the NYU School of Professional Studies. Once you arrive at the School, we encourage you to explore these opportunities.
- TOEFL scores are required for applicants who did not complete an undergraduate degree in the United States or in a country where the only primary language is English.
Please refer to our English Language Assessment Waiver Policy for instructions on how to qualify for and request a test waiver.
Note: If you are requesting an English Language Assessment waiver, do not submit your TOEFL score or register for the VEPT exam until you have received confirmation from the Admissions Office regarding your waiver request.
Please Note: We will not honor a TOEFL waiver request after your application has been reviewed.
EducationUSA's Five Steps to US Study at the NYU School of Professional Studies
- Research your options—the NYU School of Professional Studies offers industry-specific graduate programs that reflect the latest industry trends and innovative business strategies.
- Complete your application—All students are required to complete the NYU School of Professional Studies online application and submit supporting documentation.
- Finance your studies—While financial aid at the NYU School of Professional Studies is limited, we have compiled a list of organizations that provide information about financial aid for international students who wish to study in the U.S.
- Apply for your student visa—Complete the I-20 application through the NYU Office of Global Services and secure your student visa.
- Prepare for your departure—Once you have your I-20, and before you leave your home country, you should secure housing. On-campus housing is limited, and most graduate students prefer to live within the tri-state (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut) area. The NYU Student Resource Center can advise you about your search for off-campus housing.
International Student Resources
ALI provides English-language support and education, at all levels of proficiency, to help students become acclimated in their graduate programs. Students may elect to participate in English-language instruction prior to applying to any of our degree-granting programs.
The International Student Support Center (ISSC) provides support to international students to help them succeed in their NYU School of Professional Studies classes and to adjust to life in New York City. A dedicated team of staff members offers students assistance in acquiring the linguistic, academic, and intercultural capability necessary to excel during their time at the School and beyond.
Once you have been accepted to a degree program, your next step is to complete the application to secure the I-20 required for your student visa. The Office of Global Services provides international students with the support and the advisory services in order to begin your studies at the NYU School of Professional Studies.
To obtain your I-20:
Questions about the process or next steps?
Ready To Proceed?